
Hello friends!
I've never had a blog before. The first time I heard of such a thing, I thought somebody was having a little private joke with a very silly made-up word. Now I'm having a go.
Danny and I are enjoying a relaxing evening in our Minnesota home. We're wearing about 16 layers of clothing each, and he's finally beginning to admit that he doesn't always want to be cold. and in some strange, sick way, I am feeling completely normal with my toes going numb.
As you can tell, this first blog is not coming to you from down under. so if you're hoping from some actual words posted to you directly from Australia, you'll have to wait about 3 more weeks. (I'll be back to sweating then.) We have been in the twin cities for about 5 days now, and as my camera is filling up with photos and my mind is filling up with memories, I figured I'd better start emptying some of them here before they get lost.
The first night we arrived, weather shocked and sleep deprived, we got to make a quick appearance at Corissa’s wedding. Had a really fun time seeing very old friends. Not that the friends themselves are old… as you can see. Then we went home and crashed.It’s been so incredible to hang out with my family again. Still missing Adam and Brittany… they’re off in college land and we won’t see them till nearly Christmas. But Loren and her little family are here, as well as Audra and boyfriend Jay. Saturday we re-discovered the great American pastime of 10-pin bowling. Both sisters’ boyfriends are frighteningly impressive bowlers. I learned that bowling is heaps more fun with a gurgling baby nephew to play with. (Danny would like to assure you that we did not actually bowl the baby. No worries :) )

That baby, in case you're wondering, is nephew Noah. He's Loren and Kyle's son, 2 and 1/2 months old. He's as cute and happy as you could hope for a baby to be, and I'm completely in love.
There's another very special baby that's a really important part of this journey for us too. Her name is Alicia Grace Fuller, and she is just over 2 weeks old now. She was born about 3 months
early and she's been living in the NICU ever since. I got to meet her today, before she went into surgery. She takes my breath away. she's almost unbelievably tiny, and beautiful and so miraculously strong. My dear friend Michelle is her mother. Danny and I hung out with her during her little daughter's first surgery today, which seemed to go really well. If you're interested in more of their story, Michelle & Josh tell it perfectly, their way, on their blog. I didn't take this photo, I borrowed that from the Fuller blog. But it was taken just a day or 2 ago, so it's pretty much the way she looked when I met her today. Except today she was quite awake -- blinking her gorgeous big eyes and wiggling and kicking a bit. I was so honoured to get to visit her and hold her hand. I am so honoured to get to be part of their story. Please keep her and them in your prayers.
That's all the important stuff so far. It's been snowing...and snowing... The snow photo I took today -- out the front of my dad's car, as we drove the back alley behind my parents' house. that's pretty much the way it looked all day. Only now there's even more snow.
We've been hanging out with more friends and family, and haven't got photos of all of them. but there's plenty more time for that to come. I'm going back to enjoying a quiet evening with my family and my husband all together in the same place. I am peacefully content. And cold. Think I'll bring a blanket. 

9 comments:
Yay for blog updates! Thanks for all the info babe - I miss you too! I hope you have a great, fantastic time skiing, and I will see you soon, I promise.
Darn, I can't be the first commenter. But maybe I can be the first person to link to you! Anyway, I'm touched by your kind words about our daughter, your insider-outsider thoughts on winter in Minnesota, and the way you spell 'honoured.' Happy blogging!
Well, what can I say...I'm looking forward to hearing you more often through this blog. I love your speaking/writing style!
Hey, wake up, the snow is still here!
Yep Josh, you are absolutly the first person to link to me!
Hey Alicia! Great blog! I like to see what you are up to and the new pictures! :D So you are back in Minnesota now! cool! or maybe I should say COLD! jajajajaja...I am still hanging out here in Wimbledon. I will be coming back to the US on Dec 23rd. Hope to see you and Danny soon! :) How much snow did you get at your parents house? looks like a nice good snow cover for Christmas! :O) Cuidate, Joshua Miguel
Your blog looks so very sleek and stylish. Smooth job.
Brrrrr - looks cold over there!
You look like ou are having so much fun :-) We miss you back here in Hot Qld!
Have a lovely Christmas with your friends and family - see you when you get back.
love Bec & Jeremy xox
PS - I love your site!
Yep, it's cold here!
Alicia this blog is awesome!
Thanks to all who have commented so far.
Dan
hi Alicia, It is me, your cousin Shilo... I love your new blog page.. I hope you and Danny have a great time w/ all your family and friends..Tell Aunt Gayle & Uncle Bruce I said hello and the rest of the family that I love them and miss them.. And Loren's baby is soooo adorable!!! I love all of you sooo much..GOD bless..Love Shilo
Post a Comment