10 April, 2006

Brought to you by the Brisbane Public Libraries

and a very sticky kepyboard - ekyeboar. d. yuck.
the very sad truth is that one of the most unsettling parts of the moving process for us has been not having internet available at hom.e. when i can sit at my own computer and my fingers can fly freely again on our happy keyboard and i have access to the outside world in my barefeet again, then i'll really feel at home.
other than that, we really love our new place. surrounded by boxes though we may be, we're quite comfortable there. our new apartment is quite old...it's got maybe 20 years of life and character built in, which i don't mind. the bathroom is traditionally ugly 70's, it may be older than me, but it is completely forgiven. it has a bath. I love it! And the kitchen is just as easily forgiven its scratched floors and questionably gold colour scheme by virtue of its pantry. It is the best pantry I have ever seen! It's nearly a room, you can just walk into it. it's got its own light and 6 spice racks in the walls! I'm in heaven. The whole place feels like just the right combo of hemispheres for me - like good Minnesotan home, it's got wall to wall beige carpeting in all the rooms (bar the bathroom and kitchen of course), but like any respectable Queensland home, it has a good sized veranda , where you can actually sit and eat comfortably outside. We've even got the traditional aussie seperate toilet -- next to the bathroom, which is just for bathing. and doing laundry. It's a nice spacious place, and we're quite happy there.
and we're quite sore and exhausted and we'll be moving in slow motion for the next few days, but you've all done the moving thing, so i'll spare you the details and the whinging. we've also decided that next time, when we do finally decide to buy a house, we'll move properly -- let the professionals do it. we'll save up...it's worth the cash!
so back to running errands and unpacking. thinking of you all my friends and family...
may you neever have to type on a keyboard as sticky as this one. i think i'd better go wash my hands.
take care :)

2 comments:

Midnight Fury said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Midnight Fury said...

ok - I am back - sorry I was trying to edit (badly) I was saying that I am glad that you are enjopying your new place and I cant wait to come over for dinner! Anyway I also wanted to let you know I have a blog spot now http://becandjeremyk.blogspot.com/

Hope you have a lovely Easter :-)