06 February, 2007

First Scan

This morning Dan & I went in to the hospital for my first ultrasound.
Everything is normal-normal-normal for our little bub. Anything but normal for us... we actually got to see a tiny little person hanging out and growing and waving and kicking around inside of me. It was incredible!

The dr. said everything looks really good. They said Baby was a bit stubborn and made it tricky for them to get the snaps they wanted, Dan said 'that sounds about right.' We got a fairly good photo and it's on the fridge, but unfortunately we forgot to ask about getting anything in computer format, so I don't have anything to show you online yet. Maybe we can scan the photo, but I doubt it would turn out well.

Dr. said the due date is right on - I'm exactly 13 weeks today and Baby is exactly 7cm. from head to bum. The little heartbeat is good, the brain looks to be forming properly...we could actually see the brain! They can zoom in so close that we can see these tiny bits like the bladder and the ears...it was so weird. But beyond cool. I think I'm falling in love :)
The next scan will be at 19 weeks - on 20th of March. By then they might be able to tell if Bub's a boy or a girl, depending on what he or she feels like showing us. Today they had no way of being able to tell that kind of thing yet anyway.

Feburary 4th - 12 weeks.

It's an odd thought I've had lately... I've become a place. A place for a new life to grow and be knit together. All you who've done this before know...it's really pretty cool. (I know I still have a tiny little belly, but believe me, it is slowly growing!)

Have a beautiful week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OHmygoodness Alicia you look so beautiful :) I'm very happy to hear that everything is going so well. We love you lots and lots!
-Brittany and Brad

Michelle Fuller said...

Yes. You look so very beautiful. Yeah Alicia!