So many nice people wished me a happy birthday yesterday. Thanks everyone!! So instead of writing them eacy some quippy little sentence summary of my day, I decided to be really self-centred and blog about it. Sophie's sleeping in late this morning, and I don't have to go to work, so it's a perfect opportunity to babble quietly in my computer room.
I did have a really nice day. I had to run errands in the morning, and Sophie and I visited my school early in the morning so I could be in the staff photo - she was an absolute hit at school. She was fascinated by the big kids, and she drew quite a crowd around her pram. But then we got to stay home together for the rest of the day, which was what I wanted. I've missed just hanging out with my daughter...so that was really nice. I got to chat to various family members via various technology and media...I felt very connected :) My mother-in-law brought over some yummy American chocolates (a new shop has opened up nearby that sells them, and they're bloody expensive, but a fun treat!)
Then Dan and I and Sophie all went out to dinner together for the first time. We went to a litte family-run Thai place that we like. (It's called Thai Ayathua...I think. It's got bright purple neon lights, and it's on gympie road in Chermside, for any of you Brisbane readers. Fantastic place, if you like Thai food!) The food and wine were just right, the atmosphere was exactly what we want a Thai restaurant to be - colourful, exotic, just a tiny bit overdecorated with authentic and maybe some tacky asian peices. Flute renditions of 80's movie hits playing in the background. A swarm of Smily Thai people all somehow related, and their babies and small children everywhere. So at 7:00 on the dot, when Sophie did predictably turn into a pumpkin, she wasn't the only little one making noise, so we weren't too embarrassed. At the start of the night she was terribly excited! Fascinated by the colours and food and wanted to see and hear and grab absolutely everything and everyone who walked by. She did seem to love it! But she fell apart at her bedtime when she wasn't asleep, so we probably won't take her out to dinner again anytime real soon, but it was a fun experiment.
Dan's perfect birthday gift to me this year is a morning at a spa - a massage, facial and pedicure. It's booked for the end of the month...so I've got a while to look forward to it, and believe me, I am! I know I've delt with stress before in life, and I'm quite used to it. But I'm sure this is the most worn out my body has ever felt. I didn't actually feel like I was getting old at all until after the baby. Wow...now I know why people say that children make you go grey. Did you know what they can do to your back? Oh, I'm very excited for a little pampering :)
Yep, it's shaping up to be a pretty good year.
OH- and I should tell you the latest Sophie news as a proud parent. She's growing sooo well. She's over 7 kilos now, and in less than 3 weeks she went from the 10th percentile for weight, to the 25th percentile. She's our giant big chubby girl now :)
Her latest interests are pushing every button she sees. Typing on the computer (well, beating it really), turning lights on and off (usually she needs help, but sometimes not!), dancing (she moves her little body to a rhythm while she's lying down or sitting in a seat...she bounces to a beat. It's adorable!), singing and blowing raspberries for as long as she can. And of course, she gets chattier by the day and has something to say about everything...but that was to be expected I guess.
Time for an abrupt ending. Busy little girl needs her breakfast. Hope you enjoy your March. I'm sure we will.
No comments:
Post a Comment