10 March, 2006

29 So Fine

This title is brought to you by a happy young girl who's now officially not-quite-30-yet. And also by mom, one of many well wishers who wrote or left messages for my birthday which I so rudely ignored while I was out of town. I figured I'd better put up a quick post about my birthday weekend, before the week is over and it's a bunch of other people's special weekend.



Danny found us a holiday apartment for the weekend in Caloundra-- a nice little town on the Sunshine coast, just north of Brisbane. But the Sunshine coast was not so sunny. It was the windiest, rainiest, cloudiest set of 3 days we'd had here since the last time I forgot we lived in the tropics (whenever that was.) So we didn't go swimming. no worries! It was perfect for us -- we walked the windy boardwalk, we strolled around the air museum for hours, we had a lovely seafood dinner, and we spent most of the time relaxing in our hotel room. It was a very thoughtful birthday gift from my very thoughtful and sweet husband. (cue the "awwwes." :) ok, you can stop now.)



Now that I can post photos again, I've got to show off one of the beautiful babies in our lives...

Sebastian and family
He's about 4 and 1/2 months now I think?


Enjoy. I think that's all the words I've got at the moment. I just got back from my body balance class...which is a bit of Thai chi, pilates, and yoga - all put together for a sort of stretching boot camp. (i love it!) the instructor makes us really work. so much so that when i'm done even my brain works a whole lot slower than usual for about 8 hours. so forgive my lack of cleverness, and go enjoy your weekend :)

lots of love,
licia

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Alicia!
It's great reading your blog! I love all of the new pictures! How is everything in Australia? no more sightings of birdeating spiders?? this year I will be turning 30! isn't that crazy! take care!
Joshua