HI friends :)
Thought I'd update you on some of daily life lately.
I really like being pregnant. Lately I've been shopping for cute maternity tops on e-bay - last night I won a really cute tee-shirt that says "Baby: ingredients: Love (58%), Passion (28%), Hope (20%). Cooking Instructions: Pat tummy gently for 9 months and daydream (Dan read that and he said - well, you've definately got the method down!). Made in Australia from local and/or imported ingredients. May contain traces of chocolate."
Life down under's pretty busy. We really like our house. We have to get a termite treatment to protect us from the little buggers... so there goes our savings. We're working on designing a nursery - we're going to paint and put in new floors and a floor rug and decorate from scratch..that's all very exciting at the moment! Well, I'm picking colours and themes and what-not, and then danny's going to do the actual painting when I'm far away from all the fumes. Ahh, the perks :)
I'm actually studying a lot. I feel like I'm taking 2 courses simultaneously. One could be called, How to Not Screw Up your Brand New Baby 101, and the other, How to Survive the Terrors of Childbirth 102. :) Yeah, there's a lot of reading involved...and interviews with tons of other recent mothers, and some internet research. The final exams for the 2nd course are in August - possibly August 14th, but who knows exactly - there could always be a pop quiz! But the first course - well, who knows when those finals are. In about 18 to 20 years I expect :) So I guess I've got plenty of time to perfect those skills - and all the other add-on courses that come along with it. It's an extremely intensive package deal. If you ever decide to take any of these - beware! there's no going back. There's Enduring toddlerhood, and Parenting a Preschooler, and Navigating the messy world of Elementary School.... Oh my goodness! How exciting!
Life down under's pretty busy. We really like our house. We have to get a termite treatment to protect us from the little buggers... so there goes our savings. We're working on designing a nursery - we're going to paint and put in new floors and a floor rug and decorate from scratch..that's all very exciting at the moment! Well, I'm picking colours and themes and what-not, and then danny's going to do the actual painting when I'm far away from all the fumes. Ahh, the perks :)
I'm actually studying a lot. I feel like I'm taking 2 courses simultaneously. One could be called, How to Not Screw Up your Brand New Baby 101, and the other, How to Survive the Terrors of Childbirth 102. :) Yeah, there's a lot of reading involved...and interviews with tons of other recent mothers, and some internet research. The final exams for the 2nd course are in August - possibly August 14th, but who knows exactly - there could always be a pop quiz! But the first course - well, who knows when those finals are. In about 18 to 20 years I expect :) So I guess I've got plenty of time to perfect those skills - and all the other add-on courses that come along with it. It's an extremely intensive package deal. If you ever decide to take any of these - beware! there's no going back. There's Enduring toddlerhood, and Parenting a Preschooler, and Navigating the messy world of Elementary School.... Oh my goodness! How exciting!
School is full-on. I can't remember if I've mentioned that I've been cut back to 3&1/2 days this term - they've made massive cuts to education this year, and special ed and ESL are really suffering from it at the moment. grrr... but I'll be back to full time next term starting 30th March, and work up until end of June when the 2 week break comes and then I'll just sit around and study and nest and wait for baby to come :) and go camping! Anyway, I'm working 5 different schools in less than 4 days a week. I'm a whirlwind travelling teacher. It's crazy. But let me tell you, the week goes by fast! Sometimes I get quite swamped - I really have too many students when it comes to managing all the paperwork and admin we have to do - but all in all I quite like my job. I love my students and the variety, it's always incredibly interesting. And sometimes they even learn things from me!
And I guess that's about all the news from down here for now. Hope you're all well and staying warm :) We'd love to hear from you any time.
Talk to you soon,
Alicia
1 comment:
What a lovely little baby bump that you have there :)
As for the scary studying - I hear you there!!! Not only am I studying it all up I am finding that it all contradicts itself!! How is a girl to get by .. I guess that is where our maternal instincts will kick in when the time comes :)
Post a Comment