

We've officially made it to 31 weeks today. Baby Smith is just 6 to 10 weeks away. Her parents have been busy shopping and improving the nursery - we've now got a cot, a pram, and a nappy bag. It occured to me the other day that I'm going to raise an Australian baby. How weird is that?! She'll wear nappies and maybe want a dummy (a pacifier), but hopefully not too often. and she won't eat lollies till she's much older, cause if she has a sweet tooth like her mummy, she won't stop once she gets started.
Starting to get more and more uncomfy... starting to feel a bit more like a breathless sloth carrying around a watermelon. but then people say really interesting and helpful things like "you're so neat and tidy," "you're all baby," "you're (# of weeks) already?! You're too small for that!" Trust me people, this baby is not tiny. She's a good chunky size and plenty heavy! the last ultrasound I had at 28 weeks, the technician reckons this is going to be more than an 8-pounder at term. Well, we shall see. It's certainly not the biggest baby ever, but big enough for me to have every right to complain about backache...sore feet...swollen fingers and toes...heartburn.... sorry, I digress!
When she really gets moving, she shakes my whole belly around. Danny & I love to play "guess that body part." Fun times :)
I've been drinking milk like it was going out of fashion. at least a gallon a week, just for me. yum!
Oh, the photos were taken on Sunday, at this big park in the city with cool old buildings around. Apparently it's the hot hangout spot for photographers. If you want to see more photos, I put a bunch in my photobucket. Here's the website
http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u94/liciasings/June%202007/
http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u94/liciasings/June%202007/
This is such a random post. It was a really fun & relaxing long-weekend (long live the queen!) and had a busy day at work today. So not so many words leftover as sometimes. Soon, I'll be done with work! I won't be teaching. I can barely fathom it. But I can't wait.
Oh, Dan likes this photo best

Ok, better go make dinner.
Love & good stuff :)
2 comments:
ok, i'm very american, i don't really get the "so neat and tidy"bit, but somehow it fits and it sounds very nice. maybe hubby and i should consider moving down under and having an australian baby. it sounds magical. you're a beauty, licia, you're a natural.
Audra
You look great! Love the pics.
Yeah, it's a trip, isn't it... the whole idea of raising an Australian child. Don't worry, it'll lose its weirdness soon enough.
(so says Tors who now has TWO Aussie/American kids and can hardly remember what they call nappies and dummies in the States...diapers and binkies??)
Post a Comment