11 September, 2007

Happy Days

Sometimes we have a day that's almost magical.

2 weeks ago, Sophie started smiling. I've been counting the smiles she so generously offers - one or two a day, if we're lucky. But suddenly yesterday, we had whole playtimes of squeals and gurgles and coos! No possibility of counting the smiles...and no way to put into words how happy it made her Mamma! I still can't get her to smile on cue for the camera of course... at the moment that's a confusing but fascinating thing to stare at. Hmmm, I'll have to work on that.



Have I shown you the nursery? No, I suppose not. I've been holding off on photos cause it still felt unfinished to me. well, there' s still a couple more touches I want to add, but today Pam helped me put the most gorgeous quilt on the wall, and I decided it was time to post some snaps. The cot bedding and wall quilt were all lovingly and beautifully created by my incredible friends- Joy and Corissa and Kristi and Paula. Thank you thank you thank you! Sophie and I love it. And now you can see how well it all fits together in the room.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful day :) I love the pictures and the nursery, and thank you for your message yesterday! I tried calling you back but I don't think I have the right home phone number for you. Could you email that to me? Yay. Love you three!

Licia said...

yeah, you know, I think I should make a little disclaimer to this post. I read it and I wonder if it makes me out to be super-mum...or if Sophie sounds like an Angel baby. Not the case.
Some days i feel really content and confident - like this is exactly where I want to be, and it all just works. and other days I just feel like an exhausted zombie and like I just don't know what to do next.
There are still evenings when she cries and cries... still nights when she doesn't want to go back to sleep at 2:00am and Mummy ends up getting about 3 hours sleep.
She's a lot of hard work!- for both Dan and I - he's a great support!

But the good days are getting better - with sophie smiling and interacting more everyday now. And the bad days/nights aren't quite as bad as they used to be- as we figure out more strategies for understanding what she needs and what's troubling her, and for meeting her needs.
We just take it all as it comes... it's a beautiful thing, being a family :) I really really like it!

MillerFam5 said...

Hi ALicia,
I just wanted to say hi, and your baby is so beautiful! Congrats, how old is she now? Welcome to mommyhood! It is the best! I am so glad you are blogging, its such a cool way to stay in touch with family. I just started a family blog for us too. You can visit it at www.vanmillfam5.blogspot.com.
Hope to stay in touch better!
With love,
Summer, Justin, Katrina, Emma, and Addy Miller!

Anonymous said...

Hi Alicia,
The room looks great! Not over done or over stimulating and very functional. It is what I like to call an 'adult friendly nursery'. I know that 'the girls'are all very happy that you were so pleased with thier gift.

I have decided sleeping through the night is like a really good cheese cake... it is a special treat you only get once in a while.
There is something especially hard about the nights filled with babies cring though. I would like to tell you 'this too will pass' but I don't know how many children you will be blessed with(:! Mom