30 May, 2009

On the 3rd of May, Sophia got baptised



You may have already seen these photos, as they are also posted to my facebook photo albums, but I know that some of our dear family and friends are not big facebook-ers, so I'm putting them here as well.
It was a really fun night, and Sophie did really well. Father Michael is lovely, and he led the whole ceremony in a really personal, unfussy way. Everybody gathered around the alter, the kids ran around a bit and talked and played, Sophie was happy and Dan and I felt very blessed to have so much love and support surrounding us. She didn't even fuss when she had water splashed on her head and oil rubbed into her hair. She looked a little bit confused, but didn't cry. Ah...good times :)











(One of three busy tables at dinner after the ceremony). Thanks Dominika for the gorgeous photos, and Pam for the beautiful dress. I decorated the candle....I really liked it, but as you may notice, the little letter "i" in Sophia Michelle's name came off. oops. Guess I didn't get sticky enough stickers. :)

No comments: