For those of you who haven't had a chance to see it yet, here's an idea. But you must forgive the pre-Christmas mess on the dining table. There's a LOT of work to be done this time of year...and it's so nice to have the space to spread it out on :)Some may have said that we got into the spirit of Christmas just a tad early... I really wanted to remember some traditions around thanksgiving this year. So we decided to celebrate it in our own little family way. After a long day of work and report-card writing, we set up the tree and decorations on Thanksgiving Thursday night. while we listened to good old Christmas music and waited for just a half of a small turkey to roast. It took 3 hours. unbelievable. We didn't get to eat until nearly 9:00! But it was a fun and festive night nonetheless.
A shot of our lounge-room pre-Christmas decorations. Now there's a nice little bunch of fake poinsettas, but it wasn't really worth photo-ing.
My roses blooms are gone now. They were gorgeous all through October and a few days of November. Now I think they're just sadly lacking water. Don't know if I should spoil them with buckets of it though...don't know if they should get used to such a luxury item.
Another big event in October was nephew Sebastian's first birthday. It was Glorious baby-watching fun.
Turned out he wasn't quite sure what to make of his cake. He'd never had cake before. These cakes are gorgeous. I'd never seen this done before moving here, but it's a really simple kids' cake. It's basically just 2 thin cakes with whipped cream in between and on top. Then they top off the cake with fruit and jello (which here is known as jelly - don't get them confused. The stuff you put on toast is called jam. And it's acceptable on toast and pikelets - little pancakes- but not so common on sandwiches with peanutbutter cause who eats peanutbutter anyway?)
Well, that's about it for that lot. I'm afraid I haven't got many words at the moment, since so many of them are going into my reports. Just 2 more weeks of school...and it's that crazy year-end + Christmas crunch time. But I have got a few more photos to share in the next blog.
:)
2 comments:
I am so jealous that you have a tree!! WE are not doing that this year since we are moving 3 days before christmas! I must be crazy!!!
I really like your Thanksgiving traditions!
And what a cool birthday cake! I've never seen one like that. For my son's 1st, we made cupcakes with some frosting. He reacted the same way. They're so cute at that age! hehe
Post a Comment