13 October, 2007

We did it!

For 2 accomplishments yesterday, I am proud.

First, if you'll have a look to the right of your screen --->
you may notice that I have finally updated my links! Yesterday Sophie slept for an irregular 2 extra hours in the morning, and I used some of that precious time to make my website just a tad bit more interesting - and accurate - just for you. :) I've added a family blog that was missing (The Miller cousins - love your cute kid photos and quotes!), corrected a friend's blog (Josh - I just live vicariously through your globetrotting adventures now!), and shared with you a few of my favourite sites. They're mostly about small children and food - what else do I really think about these days...when I'm not plotting my next sleep of course :) But I've also posted some of my fav radio stations-from out in Minnesota and here in Oz. There's my brother Adam's University station - here's a shameless plug: find his radio show and give it a listen sometime if you have a moment of freedom online... he's pretty funny :)

And secondly, the real celebration!
Last night Danny and I went out for our first date since before Sophie was born! We put her to bed, she slept like an angel, we left her grandparents with her to wonder if she'd wake up (she didn't), and we went to see a movie. I can't remember when I've ever appreciated going to see a movie quite so much! Even all the gaggles of teenagers cutting in line in front of us couldn't dampen my spirits. We went to see Stardust - which has been out at the theaters for so long that it was only showing in one place, and not for much longer. It was great fun. We really enjoy the genre, and for us, it was The Perfect Romantic Escapism for another first date.
The cost of course, was that after chosing to stay up late on purpose for the first time since before she was born...soon after we'd gone to sleep, Sophie decided this would be the perfect night to go back to waking every 2 hours for a feed. Bless her crazy little heart! She's napping again now, so I just might do the same.

Happy weekend. May you find great joy in each little accomplishment!

No comments: