So many exciting things going on in this lightly-rained-on land this weekend. Besides the Thank-you-God-we-finally-got-some rain feeling of cold but relief, and besides the fact that it's the last day of the school term and starting tomorrow the wound-up kiddies will be released on the world and anyone childless and over 22 will be evacuating the movie theatres...besides all that, there some other fantastic reasons to celebrate.
First off, the celebration of the end of too many hyphens in this particular blog post. And too long sentences. :) That's got to make you breathe easier!
Australia is stoked! The entire country. and all those who have once claimed any affiliation with the country, anywhere they are in the world. They were excited enough to be having street parties before 6AM this morning. I woke up to shouting around the neighborood and hulabaloos of the masses on my radio alarm , and I thought maybe an entire mob had won the lottery. The socceroos are on fire!
Ok, so to sum up for those of you who don't know -- Australia is in the world cup this year. We are hardly ever in any of the final games of the world cup. We have never in history made it as far as we made it this morning when we didn't lose to Croatia. I've never seen so much celebrating over a game that was only a tie. But it meant that They are out (hard luck, Croatia. Better luck next time mates!) and we are in. We get to go on and play Italy!
and yes, I am using "we" proudly. Why not? I'm still here. And We're doing so well!
And for those Aussies who don't get too excited about sport (there are a few of them out there) there is always the big celebrity gossip to get those tongues wagging today. This weekend in Sydney is the wedding of Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban. Ahh Keith -- a favourite Country music star. And he grew up in a town just north of Brisbane. Takes us about 40 minutes to get there... Caboulture. If you want to hear any jokes about that town, just mention it to Danny and Wayne. I've heard them tell hours of jokes about it. But I won't pass along any of those at the moment -- I quite like Keith! and I hope it all goes well for them. :)
And of course, the other big excitment is the biggest for me and completely unimportant to most of the rest of the world. I leave in less than 3 days now...for a two week holiday in MN. VERY excited about that! I can hardly sit still.
:O
:)
see you soon!!
4 comments:
NICE BLOG
Not leaving the US (yet) says: See you soooooon!
Daddio
Looking forward to the museum on Saturday!
Have a good time! :-)
Post a Comment